Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Chocolate Fast

A few years ago my sister, Liz, and I went on a chocolate fast for 6 weeks. Liz and I were roommates at the time and we thought it would be a good idea to help us kick our chocolate addiction. Of course we also planned to end our chocolate fast with a chocolate feast! The feast was amazing! We invited several friends to join us in our feast. Since our table was pathetic we moved it out of the way, put a tablecloth on the floor and had a picnic in the living room. The menu included chocolate fondue with fruit, cheesecake, cookie dough, cinnamon bears and more goodies to dip, we had a peanut soup and salad to help cleanse the palate and we finished off with a Skor cake it all its ooey, gooey goodness.

Now 3 1/2 later, I am going back on a chocolate fast because I definitely have a major chocolate addiction that sabotages my efforts to lose the rest of the baby weight. So from the time I get back to Utah on Friday until Brigham comes home I will be abstaining from chocolate. My reward should I succeed in this momentous undertaking is the pasta maker attachment for my kitchenaid, and if Brigham's return flight stops over in the right location, some European chocolates.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Good Luck in this endeavor. I have a major chocolate addiction as well, but don't think I could be that successful in it.

Liz said...

I remember that chocolate feast with such fond memories. Good luck with your fast. I know I would never be able to withstand eating chocolate for that long again but I don't have the proper motivation either.